1 bag of green beans
1 bag of whole carrots
1 bag of shredded brussels sprouts
4 small golden potatoes
1 package of steamed/cooked lentils
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 cup of water
Blue Mountain Jamaican Curry Powder (just my preference for this dish)
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
Peel the carrots and chop them into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
Cut the potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
Snap the green beans in half (about 2 inches). Set aside.
Mince the shallot and garlic
1. Heat a large pot with olive oil over medium heat. Then, toss the shallot and garlic in and let it cook until it is fragrant.
2. Toss in all the vegetables: potatoes, carrots, green beans, and brussel sprouts. Mix it together and let it cook for about 5 minutes covered.
3. Pour in the can of coconut milk and add 3 Tbsp of Jamaican Curry Powder over the veggies. Carefully mix it together. Add a little bit of water if it looks too thick. Remember that the veggies will produce some water and the curry is supposed to be a little thick.
4. Cover and cook for 30 min. Stir occasionally. While it is cooking, this is a good time to cook your rice.
5. Gently mix in the bag of steamed lentils and add about 1 Tbsp of salt. Add red pepper flakes at this time if you'd like.
6. Let it cook for about 15 more minutes if the carrots are not easy to cut yet. Taste it and add more salt if necessary.
Only if you have time to read:
I feel a little guilty giving you guys a recipe that takes about 90 minutes to make but it's really just SO tasty and healthy that I had to share. I don't even mind making it because so much if it is dumping a bag or can into the pot.
If the prep stuff stresses you out, turn on a favorite playlist or TV show, pour yourself a glass of wine, and make it a MOOD. I went through a phase where I loved cooking while having The Great British Baking Show on in the background. And then, I loved playing a Jack Johnson playlist from Pandora while I cooked.
This recipe also makes a lot of food. I actually double the ingredients when I make it because I want to make enough for a whole week for two people. Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts. I personally like making a large amount because I like to make it a MOOD once a week and then have yummy lunches for the rest of the week without cooking again. Aka meal prepping.
I love meal prepping because I can be sure I'm eating yummy and healthy all week with no stress. If everything I've said sounds right up your alley, then I'd say go all out and go buy yourself some meal prep containers so they all look organized. Here are the ones I have but there are so many meal prep containers out there. The lids are awesome and never spill and you can wash them on the top rack in the dishwasher.
Alright, this is the longest I've ever written so far after a recipe. If you've made it this far, you're an incredible person and I love you. Thanks for reading!