1/2 bag of chopped kale
1 package firm tofu
Coconut Aminos (Trader Joe's or any other works)
Rice or Quinoa (optional)
1. Drain the water out of the tofu container.
2. With a butter knife, cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes.
1. Using a pan that has high sides, heat 2 Tbsps of olive oil on medium-high heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, dump half the bag of kale in the pan and pour in 1 cup of vegetable broth.
3. Let it cook down for about 10 minutes and then add the tofu cubes. Mix it together and let it cook for 5-10 more minutes until the Kale is soft and tender.
4. As it is cooking, add 1 Tbsp of Cocunut Aminos, and about 3 squirts of Sriracha sauce. Stir well and salt to taste.
Only if you have time to read:
I love that combo of sweet and spicy so this is so easy to make and filling enough for a light lunch. If you haven't tried Trader Joe's Coconut Aminos, this is your chance. It's a great replacement for soy sauce and has a slight sweet and tangy taste to it.
You can probably make this recipe with any other leafy greens of your choice. I just happened to pick Kale because I was craving it. And a fun fact, this is a recipe that is reminiscent to most authentic Chinese dishes in the sense that it's usually a vegetable and a protein sautéed together with very little seasonings except salt, broth, and sometimes soy sauce.