- olive oil
- 1 box of firm tofu
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- chili powder
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1 avocado
- Drain the box of tofu and then cut tofu into cubes. This doesn't need to be perfect as you'll be crumbling it up in the pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. When it's hot, dump the tofu in the pan.
- Use a spatula and crumble up the tofu until it looks like egg scramble.
- Add 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Toss it together.
- Add the spinach. Sauté until spinach is wilted. Salt to taste.
- Slice an avocado to have on the side.
- Pour salsa on the side as well, if you'd like.
Only if you have time to read:
I've tried this scramble with turmeric and I like this flavor palette way better. Also, as I'm writing this, I realize this dish would be de-friggen-licous as a breakfast wrap inside a whole wheat wrap or tortilla. MmmmmmmMm!
If you are new to using tofu as a scramble, be sure to drain the tofu and get the "firm" tofu. It makes it just soft enough to scramble into egg texture, but not so soft it turns into mush. Also, we used to be like "where are we going ot get our protein. And then we realized there are so many grams of protein in tofu you're not even going to miss eggs. That plus spinach, plus avocados...I imagine you'll hit your macros with this dish!