- 1 French Baguette
- olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 box firm tofu
- 3-5 small tomatoes
- white balsmic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and have a cookie sheet ready to go.
- Cut baguette diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Mince the garlic and stir it into a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the crostini slices on the cookie sheet and brush the garlic/olive oil on the top side only. Don't do the bottom side as the olive oil will soak through on its own. No need to spray the pan either.
- Bake for 7-9 min.
- While it's baking, prepare the toppings. Slice the tomatoes and set aside. Drain the tofu and cut it into 1/2 inch squares. (To save time, you can slice it in the box since it's the perfect height)
- Once the crostini is golden and crisp, add the toppings. Place 2 slices of tomatoes first. Then, one slice of tofu. Add arugula on top.
- Drizzle white balsamic vinegar over all the crostinis and finish it off with salt and pepper.
Only if you have time to read:
Cold tofu??! Yah, it sounds wild but that's actually how I grew up eating tofu. In Chinese cuisine, there's a couple dishes where tofu is served cold. If you can give it a chance, you'll be surprised how awesome tofu is as a mozzarella substitute. And don't forget, tofu has lots of protein so you'll be skipping out on the dairy and still getting a great amount of protein.
We are obsessed with this easy dish, and love it even more becuase I don't actually have to cook anything. Just a cookie sheet and the oven. Can't wait for you to make this recipe! It's making me drool just thinking about it.